Inventory Control Analyst
Full time position
Reports to CEO and works closely with Corporate Controller
Inventory and Purchasing Duties:
• Monitors main inventory location and stock levels for all other locations.
• Maintains the database ensuring all transactions including purchases and inventory records kept current.
• Ensures physical inventory is organized as per the inventory plan and the plan is modified to accommodate changes in inventory requirements
• Check prices, updates prices in database and maintains a preferred vendor list.
• Reviews files to determine unused items and recommends disposal of excess stock.
• Purchases stock as required consistent with company negotiated pricing.
• Reports on monthly inventory to ensure control and balance of stock.
• Provides supply chain management for inbound and outbound products
• Provides analysis on fast and slow moving product lines
• Works closely with all key personnel to assist with logistics and efficient movement of product from showrooms to customer
• Approves purchasing of all products.
• Monitors production for quality and on time delivery
• Works closely with suppliers and builds relationships
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of product.
• Inspects incoming material for defects, documents issues and arranges for credits as required
• Minimum five years inventory and purchasing.
• Proven track record with achievements in inventory management and savings
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Certification in Production and Inventory Management an asset
• University or college graduate in related fields.
• Self-motivated and able to work as team member
• Must enjoy attention to detail
• Strong skill set in working with numbers to review margins to ensure profitability on orders flowing through from sales.
• Driver’s license with car to move between sites in Woodstock, Cambridge and Stoney Creek.
For more information, please contact Career Compass Canada – 1-888-527-0631 – Al Lutchin or Joanne Echlin